1. Plan, plan and plan. Establish guidelines, timelines, goals.2. Create a nice visual design including your logo, tagline.
3. Have a distinctive and appropriate call to action.
4. Make it search engine friendly (use a sitemap if it's more than 20 pages and you have changing content).5. Create quality and quantity of content.
6. Make sure your pages are constructed with all the various tags and methodology for good search engine optimization (SEO).7. Submit the site to various search engines, directories.
8. Continue to add and update your content. This could be new products, press releases and the like.9. Measure your results.
10. Repeat steps 1-9, again and again.
This can be condensed to the following mantra: Brand, Build, Market, Measure (B2M2).After you get your website rolling and it is a committed part of your business, then you are ready to do some more things in the promotion of your site. Use some press release sites to distribute your news and announcements. Start a blog. Create a Facebook, Google +1 and LinkedIn pages. Use Twitter. There are endless options. But whichever one(s) you do, give them the attention they deserve. Don't expect miracles or instant success but work them into the routine for your business and they will pay dividends. Create and follow a plan for each. Commit.
What do you do when you start a new project to keep you committed to it?